Sunday, February 12, 2012

Updates Galore!

So to update from my previous posts, I ended the Cleanse strong, and hungry. I ended up at 141 lbs, only had mild side effects (hunger and small headache), and though I did feel very healthy. I worked my way up to bigger meals by eating small bland meals to get used to eating whole food again.

Now I'm just focusing on putting healthy food into my body. I've recently found a new love: greek yogurt. Every morning, I make a shake consisting of greek yogurt, soy milk, agave syrup, and fruit. I get a serving of fruits, a serving of a probiotic food, and atleast 21 grams of protein to boot. I switched to costco greek yogurt soymilk, which has less sugar, and comes in bulk which is amazing, because I don't want to go to the store twice a week for my shake ingredients. I pack my lunches, mostly with a good sized salad, cottage cheese, fruit, sandwhich, or any combination of those things. I also bring along two snacks, one before lunch, and one after. I am trying to eat every two to three hours to boost my metabolism.

Lately I have been doing a lot of research, for the trip to Paris Trevor and I have planned to go on for a while now. Due to my overwhelming desire to experience Paris to the full I can, we have decided that in April 2013, after I have recieved my A.A. (if all goes to plan), I will depart to Paris. I will be there for the whole month of April, living there and experiencing all I can. Trevor will join me after about two weeks (depending on how much time he can get off) and spend the final time with me, then we will depart Paris together heading home. One of the best parts is, we (my siblings/father) are saving up for an extra airplane ticket for my mom's 50th birthday. She will leave with me, so that I'm not alone, and she can travel with someone. I'm very excited to give this to her, she doesn't know yet, and I really hope she likes it. She has expressed a want to leave, but has accepted that she probably won't ever have that chance. I want to give her this chance to travel.
The amazing thing is...not days after I start my research, I learn that a friend in Paris has bought an apartment for one of my oldest/best friends mom. She bought it for her, and for her daughter/me to always have a place to stay when we visit Paris. I heard the news, and started crying, how good God is to me! Paris is my favorite place, I feel at home, and close to God when I'm there. What a better sign that this is a path to follow, than to find out I have a permenant home in Paris!? I feel so blessed, I literally couldn't concentrate the entire day. I couldn't tell you how much I prayed my thanks to Him.

I'll finish with one last thought, though I have many going through my head in the past two days. If you have a dream, please follow it. Tomorrow is not promised to you, and at the end of your life, how wonderful it would be to know that you really, truly lived. People say "Yeah, I would like to do that one day" and I can understand patience, but please don't put your goals on the backburner. Keep them in the front of your mind, work towards them, see everything that you do as a step closer to acheiving them. I plan on making a 'Bucket List' so they call it, or in other words, the things I want to do/accomplish before the Lord calls me home. I encourage others to do the same, and then most importantly, start crossing them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment