Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent, here I come!

Ok, now I know that Lent is generally practiced by catholics, and I know it has many meanings, but overall I find its to sacrifice something, and be closer to God. I don't really see anything wrong with that, so I've decided to go ahead and give it a go!!

It was hard finding something to give up, I don't eat much junk, no sugar, hardely ever drink coffee, you see my problem?? So I googled creative idea's and found an awesome list. As I scanned I found one that is perfect...NO SNOOZE BUTTON! Seriously, you wanna talk about discipline, try being used to hitting your snooze 6 times a morning, then give that up. I woke up this morning, and laid there, just so upset with having to get up right away, ugh!!

Now I know that's not a big thing, and I have a couple others I'm doing (going through my closet and getting rid of excess clothing) but the main thing is I'm going to add extra prayer time and PBJ (prayer, bible, journal). I'm still working on becoming fit and the healthiest woman I can be, (just finished my third run this week...whew!) but I really need to focus on creating a stronger relationship with Him. That's my focus this month....pray for me!

I don't really have anything else to say, so that's it for me for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment