Saturday, April 21, 2012

Ok, I realize I havn't posted in a while, so this may be scattered and unorganized...not like that is unusual anyways.

So the month of April has brought us many new things. Trevor has started his practicum, in which he works in a hospital for a few weeks before his graduation, to get experience. It's awful hours, and the pessimist in me only thinks this is the beggining of his awful hours (newbies don't exactly get favorable hours=overnight shifts), but the optimist in me says "Hey, this isn't that bad, and it's only a few days a week" I tend to go with the former, but I'm learning to go with the latter.

After Trev gets done with this obstacle, he has graduation. God is good! He has worked so hard, and studied for so many hours, and it pays off in just a few short weeks when he gets to stand on a stage proudly and recieve his diploma. Though I dread sitting for a few hours to watch hundreds of people do the same thing (aided of course, with family and my kindle), I know that when he has his moment, and I see his smile, it will all be worth it. Afterwards we plan on having a barbeque graduation party, in which people can come and give their congrats while enjoying amazing homemade dishes. Have I mentioned, that I'm enjoying party planning? Makes me wish I actually did some planning for my wedding haha. I have my menu and subsequent grocery list, getting organized with what I need (tables, chairs etc), I have some centerpieces already, and am making some more decorations to catch the eye. Really, it's just an excuse to do some crafts. OH, and celebrate Trevor's acheivement of course.

With Trevor graduating, and me wanting to start school again in the fall, we can't help but notice the options we have with Trevor not being tied to Spokane anymore. Nurses are a hot commodity, and allows us to pretty much move anywhere with a guarenteed job for him. It begs the question, "What now?" We have considered many ideas. We have thrown out South Carolina, East Coast in general, Montana, even Germany was an option at one point. All the criteria we need is a community college for me, and a hospital for him. After much consideration, I think we have decided to stay in Spokane for atleast one more year, then re-evaluate when I have my AA. (which I need one more year of schooling to get). After that, we can decided if we would like to stay, or be adventorous and find a city with a University (with an Animal Sciences degree, did I mention I want to be an Equine Vet?) I pray for guidance often and for the courage to follow it.

I'll leave at that, as I am tired, and want to retire to bed and keep reading my kindle (currently enjoying the 4th book in the Game of Thrones series). God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment